Lead DevOps engineer
We want to make large-scale customer data management reliable, fast and simple.
We exist to help brands shape meaningful relationships with their customers by better understanding who they are, what they do, and revealing novel insights to personalize experiences at scale.
Who we are
We use engineering to help our customers grow human relationships with their customers.
Hull is the first product that helps SaaS companies manage, segment, transform and synchronized customer data across all their services in realtime. Our team of TechStars, HubSpot, Adikteev, Front, eFounders alumni are assembling the technology to do this. We’d love to have you join us.
We're a small team, where everyone has huge impact.
You will work directly with the CTO and will have a direct impact on the maintenance, operation and evolution of our infrastructure. You will contribute to designing and building our fault tolerant, highly scalable services on AWS. For this role, you will need a combination of sysadmin knowledge and strong skills in software development.
We're looking for someone who exhibits ownership in their work. This includes researching and understanding of the problem space, collaborating with the rest of the team to come up with solutions, proactively communicating progress, and going the extra mile to ship features over the finish line !
Your responsibilities will include
- Designing, building and running our Hull infrastructure as code on AWS
- Building and maintaining our monitoring and alerting policies
- Keeping our infrastructure and product secure and work with management towards industry standard security certifications (SOC2 being the target for Q2-2019)
- Optimizing for performance and cost our use of AWS resources
- Supporting our existing stack and participate in the design and technical choices of the next iterations of Hull platform
- Collecting and monitoring KPIs (availability, response time, time to deploy) and ensure that they meet our SLAs
- Working closely with the rest of the engineering team on the release engineering and application monitoring (CI/CD, QA plans, rollout and monitoring plans of new features and pieces of infrastructure)
- Conducting analyses and post mortem audits
- Experience as a System / DevOps engineer in a cloud based, ideally data intensive environment
- Working experience with Infrastructure as code solutions (Terraform, Chef, Ansible)
- Working experience with containers and orchestration solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Huge bonus for experience in the management of large Elasticsearch clusters
- Fluent communication in English
IT @ Hull
- Join a core team of highly skilled engineers, and work on hard problems to help high-growth companies solve theirs.
- A work environement tailored for deep, meaningful work, surrounded by very talented engineers
- Great location, in the center of Paris
Our Core Values
We believe that Family is the most important asset one could own; it’s irreplaceable. We strive to ensure that focus is on Immediate Family, the Hull Family, and the Hull Customer Family.
Lead with Trust
We believe in each other. We believe in communicating with candor, transparency, and honesty. No matter what, Trust is the foundation of a strong organization and culture.
We believe in taking action without command. We dare to take risks, we take ownership of our actions, and we analyze our results for the overall mission.
We believe in supporting each other through positivity. We can’t control what happens within the market, product, business, or life, but we can control how we react to it.
Seek elegant solutions
We strive to dig deeper, to really understand the underlying principles behind the problems we face, so we can come up with elegant, beautifully simple solutions that work.