Serious growth opportunities lay in waiting for the person who can join the dots in our data -> That’s you.
We’re looking for a Growth Engineer at Hull. You’ll be working at the heart of the Growth team at Hull to identify & engage best-fit customers as they’re looking to buy Hull. How do we do that?
- People visit our hull.io (Middleman- Contentful- Netlify) where we’ve assembled a scalable system of landing pages. Website visitors self-profile to reveal their interests (integrations, growth playbooks, key features) and their company via reverse IP lookup (Clearbit Reveal, of course). Your mission is to scale, optimize and maintain “Amazon.com for B2B growth.”
- Website visitors, demo requests, chat conversations -> we unify it all around each person and company, then scoring them for fit, intent & engagement. Your missions are to write & optimize our lead & account scoring models.
- With best-fit, engaged accounts identified, we can compute our outreach plan. How does Hull fit into their stack? What can we say & show to them to communicate the value? What channels & tools can we engage them with? Your mission is to track & orchestrate hyper-personalized buying experiences across multiple channels with Hull, Outreach, Customer.io, Intercom, ads, hull.js powered personalization, SWAG via APIs.
- Finally, we want to pull it all together. Every touchpoint with every person and account we want to understand, analyze, attribute & optimize. Your mission is to tie this all together and make sense of it for the rest of the team.
To get a better idea of how the growth team works and thinks:
- Read the Hull blog, especially our Spotted posts: https://www.hull.io/blog/
- Watch our talk from TuringFest 2018 https://www.turingfest.com/2018/speakers/ed-fry
- Read our chapter in the Clearbit Data-Driven Sales book: https://clearbit.com/books/data-driven-sales/sales-triggers
- Watch the Dogpatch Advisors presentation on “Relevance at Scale”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NmKfvxxADc
You’ll be joining a technical team (80% engineers) to solve the big marketing problem of our time — stop us if you’ve seen this graphic before: https://chiefmartec.com/2018/04/marketing-technology-landscape-supergraphic-2018/
Nowhere is this more painful than in scaling B2B SaaS companies. Hull should be the single source of truth for all these companies. And you can be the business developer rep to step up and help us join the dots.
If you “get it” too, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer lifecycle journey and identify opportunities to activate, engage and retain customers.
- Perform surveys, user interviews, and leverage user analytics tools to understand user behavior and motivations for using Hull.
- Create a campaign strategy based on your learnings and run all marketing and growth campaigns end to end.
- Create a framework to measure success and improve performance by conducting A/B testing across all customer touch points including email, messaging, push notifications, social and within the product.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including product, UX, analytics and marketing to identify and drive initiatives that will improve customer engagement.
- Build & maintain our website components. Netlify-deployed, Middleman (Ruby static site generator) and Contentful (headless CMS).
- Own our tracking and attribution across our website (Hull.js, Google Analytics), marketing (Customer.io, Intercom), sales (Outreach, Salesforce), and hand-off tracking to the product.
- Own our data unification, standardization, and scoring in Hull. (Learn more in our guide here: https://www.hull.io/blog/single-source-of-truth/).
- Enable the sales and marketing teams to create content, campaigns & cadences for each target person and account using our data within Hull.
- At least 1 year of front and backend web development experience; we use Node and React, but welcome engineers who have worked with other modern web frameworks
- Problem solver: capacity to take complex requirements, digest and break them down into actionable tech tasks
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing (code comments to team meetings)
- Team player: enjoys teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team
- Total ownership: you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code and the business results from that code
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand
- Has developed and shipped a dynamic web app successfully in a team environment
- Strong analytical abilities — you can dig into data and find the why.
- Strong working knowledge with SQL is required
- Culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth
- No vacation tracking
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- 100% Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match (after 12months)
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Unlimited snacks and drinks