Customer Support Engineer
Our mission - We want to make large-scale customer data management reliable, fast and simple. We exist to help brands shape meaningful relationships with their customers by better understanding who they are, what they do, and revealing novel insights to personalize experiences at scale.
Who we are - We use engineering to help our customers grow human relationships with their customers. Hull is the first product that helps SaaS companies manage, segment, transform and synchronized customer data across all their services in real-time. Our team of TechStars, HubSpot, Adikteev, Front, eFounders alumni are assembling the technology to do this. We’d love to have you join us.
Your role - We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide first class assistance to our customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot software problems and help our customers connect applications, and design data flows.
Technical Support Engineer responsibilities include resolving data flow issues, configuring integrated systems and using online meetings to provide immediate support. You will use email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple problems. For more complex issues that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in a relevant field, like Computer Science, IT or Software Engineering. SaaS or cloud certification is a plus. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and can explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will be a person our customer's trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
- Research and identify solutions to software and data issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and integrations configuration via phone, chat or email
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. Product & Tech)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged and reported
- Prioritize and manage several issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain close relationships with clients
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk, JIRA)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in AWS, Linux, NodeJS or similar technologies is a plus
- Culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth
- No vacation tracking
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- 100% Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match (after 12months)
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Our Core Values
We believe that Family is the most important asset one could own; it’s irreplaceable. We strive to ensure that focus is on Immediate Family, the Hull Family, and the Hull Customer Family.
Lead with Trust
We believe in each other. We believe in communicating with candor, transparency, and honesty. No matter what, Trust is the foundation of a strong organization and culture.
We believe in taking action without command. We dare to take risks, we take ownership of our actions, and we analyze our results for the overall mission.
We believe in supporting each other through positivity. We can’t control what happens within the market, product, business, or life, but we can control how we react to it.
Seek elegant solutions
We strive to dig deeper, to really understand the underlying principles behind the problems we face, so we can come up with elegant, beautifully simple solutions that work.